Do You Need Professional Help With The Mosquitoes In Dallas?
September 15, 2022 - Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are one of the most problematic pests on your Dallas property, not just because of their buzzing, biting nature. This pest can be pretty dangerous, and large populations of mosquitoes on your property can cause significant problems. To learn how to get rid of mosquitoes for good, review the tips in our article and reach out to Dallas pest control for more information.
Why Mosquitoes Are Not A Small Problem
Many Dallas residents may think that mosquitoes are simply a small problem. Still, the truth is that mosquitoes can be fairly dangerous to host around your property because of the many diseases you can get from mosquitoes. The bite of this pest can pass Illnesses such as Zika virus, West Nile virus, and malaria, and the more mosquitoes you encounter, the higher your chances of picking up one of these serious diseases.
Furthermore, once a mosquito infestation gets underway, it can be hard to combat and remove every trace of mosquitoes on your property because this pest is prolific and reproduces quickly in the right conditions. Following expert ways to repel mosquitoes and investing in professional pest control is essential to deter this pest.
Mosquito Myths To Be Aware Of
There are several mosquito myths that you should be aware of when it comes to this pest. After all, a proper understanding of mosquitoes can lead to more effective mosquito control:
- Myth#1: You can repel mosquitoes with citronella candles: While the aroma of citronella can deter this pest, citronella candles may fall short.
- Myth#2: Both male and female mosquitoes bite: Only the female mosquito bites, as they need a blood meal to develop their eggs.
- Myth#3: Mosquitoes die after biting humans: This is false as the female mosquito depends on blood to produce eggs and keep the life cycle moving.
There are plenty of other mosquito myths, so if you need clarification, don’t hesitate to reach out to Addison Green Lawn for more information.
Mosquito Prevention Tips Worth Trying
There are several natural ways to get rid of mosquitoes that you can try for mosquito prevention. It would be best if you didn’t rely on these tips to treat a mosquito infestation completely, but they can help deter and repel this pest:
- Remove all standing water around your property and treat water features such as bird baths and ponds with a safe mosquito repellant; this makes outdoor areas less hospitable to mosquitoes looking to breed.
- Cut back long grasses and overgrown foliage in addition to removing yard debris and woodpiles, as all of these items create moist, shady conditions for mosquitoes to hide.
- Utilize plants that ward off mosquitoes, such as citronella, lemongrass, and marigolds around decks and patios, as the smell will keep this pest at bay.
For more advice on keeping your property safe from mosquitoes, you should contact our expert team at Addison Green Lawn.
What To Look For When Buying Professional Mosquito Control
When you invest in professional mosquito control, you no doubt want a company that you can rely on, one that provides effective and efficient services and has an excellent reputation for customer service. To meet these needs, look no further than Addison Green Lawn. Our expert team is standing by to help you remove all traces of mosquitoes on your property so you can enjoy the outdoors safely.