Help! I Am Struggling With Weeds In My Dallas Yard
May 15, 2022 - Weeds
One of the most difficult things to deal with when it comes to lawn care in Dallas is those pesky, stubborn weeds. There are many types of invasive plants vying for a spot in your yard, ready to leech away all the much-needed water and nutrients from your grass and garden. Whether you need help with weeds or proper pest control in Dallas, the experts at Addison Green Lawn have got your back. Read on to discover the key to controlling weeds and other common problems, as well as how we can help with our fast, effective, and affordable lawn care services.
What Causes Weeds From Growing In Dallas?
It goes without saying that if you're struggling with weeds in your yard, you should look into our affordable lawn care service in Dallas to get things back under control. The main reason why professional intervention can often be required against these invasive plants is that they're so hardy compared to other plants that may usually exist in your yard. The defining characteristic of a weed is that it grows opportunistically wherever it can, which often makes it an unwanted affront to your lawn's health and aesthetics. Weeds also spread incredibly efficiently, and their pollen blown on the wind can trigger allergies all while proliferating the spread of these pesky plants.
Six Tips For Effective Weed Control
Alongside investing in an advanced lawn service treatment program offered by the experts at Addison Green Lawn, there are a few factors you can control in order to curb the growth of these pesky invasive plants. Here are six tips for effective weed control for Dallas lawns:
- Maintain full, healthy grass. The less room weeds have to establish roots, the less weeds there will be, naturally. A lush green lawn with a thriving ecosystem of grass will leave little room for weeds on its own.
- Establish a regular watering routine, taking care to strike the right balance with your schedule. If you water too frequently, you will weaken the roots of your grass. If you don't water enough, your grass will dehydrate and die. It's all about finding a balance in the routine. Most lawns only need about an inch or two of water per week.
- Apply the proper fertilizer, again ensuring a regular routine with the right balance. Grass needs nitrogen from the soil and the proper pH levels to grow, so if you're after that lush green lawn that will be resistant to weeds, it's essential to feed it well. Most lawns require about one pound of nitrogen fertilizer per 1000 square feet of grass.
- Mow your lawn regularly, but be careful not to cut it too short. The ideal length for grass is about three and a half inches, which is when their root systems are fully developed and most secure. Mow on a high setting about once a week during the active growing season and every other week during off-seasons.
- Pull weeds out by their roots as soon as you notice them. If they aren't able to thrive in your lawn in the first place, they won't be able to spread as easily. You can also explore pre-emergent herbicide options or spot treatment methods.
- Partner with the certified professionals at Addison Green Lawn for comprehensive treatment plans and ongoing expert guidance. Our team of highly trained technicians can assess your lawn's situation on a case-by-case basis and personalize your own lawn care plan, complete with all of the treatments listed above and even more advanced methods.
Can You Stop Weeds From Growing Permanently?
A healthy lawn is a worthy endeavor, and the experts at Addison Green Lawn offer a lawn treatment service to guarantee you that lush, green, weed-free lawn you dream about. Call now to schedule your inspection and discover the best lawn care services in Dallas.