What Winter Means For Dallas Yards
January 15, 2023 - Lawn Care
Winter might feel like the perfect time to take a break from lawn maintenance for the season; however, in Dallas, the work never ends. The most effective lawn weed control happens year-round. No matter what this winter brings, preventative weed management is necessary.
Contacting a local Dallas pest control company familiar with winter weed prevention is the first step in making your preparations for winter. A lawn weed control service can supply the right treatments at the right time, ensuring a healthy lawn in the spring.
How To Prepare Your Yard For Winter
Here are some lawn maintenance tips for the winter that all the best lawn services near you use:
- Wait until spring to prune plants, no matter how unsightly. They immediately begin to grow, and younger buds are vulnerable to Dallas winters.
- Grass can become damaged or dry out in the winter if you cut it too short or let it grow too long. Keep the lawn at least two to three inches high.
- Don’t rely on the rain to water the lawn; you will still need to do so once or twice a month. Watering is especially critical if you planted trees, shrubs, or flowers in the fall and want them to survive the winter.
- Winter is the best time for deep-root fertilization to feed your trees and shrubs after our summer’s devastating heat and drought stress to help prevent winter injury.
- Contact a local lawn service familiar with the application of pre-emergent and post-emergent weed controls to manage winter grasses and weeds.
Utilizing these tips can go a long way in helping your yard and landscape stay green, healthy, and weed-free.
When To Apply Pre-Emergent For Winter Weeds
Pre-emergent weed control is necessary for controlling lawn weeds over the winter. Pre-emergent treatments work on weeds before they have sprouted. Though you may not see weeds until the weather gets warms up, they continue to grow beneath your lawn. It is easier to get rid of them before they take root in your yard.
Simply put, the time to apply pre-emergent is before you see weeds. Post-emergent treatment works after they have sprouted. Liquid application of pre-emergent weed control from a lawn weed control service will help to keep your lawn beautifully maintained.
Winter Weeds To Watch For In Dallas
Weeds have no place on your lawn and can quickly become overwhelming. Proper lawn weed control can manage winter grasses, henbit, chickweed, and other broadleaf weeds in Dallas. It is helpful to partner up with a company experienced in weed control so you can correctly identify and treat the weeds without harming your lawn.
Broadleaf weeds germinate in late summer to early fall. They remain semi-dormant in winter and flower in spring. Broadleaf weeds are difficult to manage after they bloom; they create seeds that spread quickly throughout your yard. Effectively controlling lawn weeds is necessary for a healthy lawn.
Keep Your Lawn Beautiful With Help From Addison Green Lawn
Working with the best lawn services near you will help keep your Dallas yard beautiful all year round. Lawn weed control service should be an integral part of your yard maintenance plan. Readying your grass in the winter will ensure proper nutrients in the spring.
At Addison Green Lawn, our technicians are here to help you achieve a healthier, green lawn that stays weed free. We take a seasonal approach to lawn maintenance to keep your yard healthy in the winter, spring, summer, and fall with customized treatment for each lawn. Contact us today to request your free inspection.
Highly recommend! Excellent service!