The Best Way To Protect Your Dallas Lawn In The Fall
October 15, 2020 - Lawn Care
The fall season is here and with it comes a change in the condition of your lawn. This is to be expected as seasonal changes equal the grass going into hibernation for the upcoming winter. With that being said, there is a difference between the normal changes in lawn condition and severe changes that actually damage your lawn.
While there are a number of problems that can affect your lawn, the most common examples can be attributed to poor growing conditions, improper lawn care, and extreme weather conditions. However, there are two specific problems that affect lawns in the fall that can’t be ignored. These problems are:
- Insect pests: Some insects actively feed on your lawn and plant life. When combined with the natural changes that fall brings, this can lead to severe damage for your lawn if not acted on quickly enough.
- Diseases: Lawn disease can occur because of wind, splashing rain, foot traffic, and other reasons. The reason for this occurrence is because of the buildup of microscopic living organisms including bacteria, fungi, nematodes, and phytoplasmas, in addition to a few other organisms.
In some cases, pathogenic fungi are the cause of lawn disease. They remain dormant until the conditions are favorable for an outbreak, which often occurs in the fall.
Why DIY Lawn Care IS A No-No
Many homeowners attempt to handle their lawn care on their own. Considering the many available products, it’s not surprising this has become the trend. However, there are some very good reasons why DIY shouldn’t happen. These reasons are:
- More complex than you think: True lawn care is more than just throwing down some feed to spruce up a dull lawn. Lawns require a mix of chemistry, biology, and microbiology to fully succeed. Considering the delicate nature of lawns, mistakes happen frequently.
- Time-Consuming: Let’s face it. Effective lawn care takes time that you likely don’t have. When you’re working all of the time, the last thing you want to do is more work. That’s why hiring professionals to do it for you can help you turn your attention to tasks that make better use of your time.
- Dangerous and Labor-Intensive: Some chemicals and applications are either labor-intensive or inherently dangerous to handle. Professionals are trained and equipped for this. Don’t risk your safety when you don’t have to.
- DIY is subpar: The very best DIY products still pale in comparison to what professionals use, which means you’re not maximizing your effort from the very beginning of your project.
Addison Green Lawn’s Pre-Emergent Treatment
As a premier lawn care company, we have devoted countless hours to the improvement of our fall pre-emergent treatment to ensure nothing less than the best results for our customers in the Dallas area. We offer a fall and late fall treatment so that your lawn remains protected throughout the season. Our approach is as follows:
- Fall: We place a liquid application of pre-emergent and post-emergent weed controls for the management of early- germinating winter grasses and broadleaf weeds.
- Late fall: This is a liquid application of both pre-emergent and post-emergent weed controls designed to extend your level of winter weed protection.
We know that lawn care is more than one season of intense effort, which is why our fall treatment is all part of our year-round Customized Lawn Care Service. Every lawn is different and has different needs, which is why your treatments are tailored to your lawn. And the treatments are backed by us following the natural seasonal trends that occur throughout the year.
At Addison Green Lawn, we believe you deserve a beautiful yard, which is why we not only offer customized lawn care but also provide care for trees and shrubs as well as other services. We’re the full-service lawn care company that you’ve needed all along.
Highly recommend! Excellent service!